Scion Maintenance Schedule
When you by any car you know that there is going to be maintenance. Scion cars are just like any other car that needs maintenance. Below is the tentative maintenance schedule that you use when purchasing a Scion. Whether it be a Scion TC, Scion XB, Scion XA or Scion XD, this Scion Maintenance Schedule should be useful for your Scion.
MAINTENANCE DIFFERS FOR EACH VEHICLE. PLEASE GIVE US A CALL TODAY AND WE WILL DESIGN A MAINTENANCE PLAN THAT FITS YOUR VEHICLE AND DRIVING NEEDS. 650-341-3815
Proper Maintenance Intervals
Regular maintenance is essential to obtaining the highest level of performance, safety and reliability from your Scion. It can also enhance your vehicle's resale value.
It is especially important to check your vehicle's engine oil once a month and to regularly replace the engine oil and oil filter. Failure to do so can cause oil starvation and/or oil gelling, which can result in severe damage to your vehicle and require costly repairs that are not covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Scion recommends obtaining maintenance for your vehicle every six months or 5,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- If at six months you have driven less than 5,000 miles, you should obtain maintenance at six months; don't wait until 5,000 miles.
- If you drive 5,000 miles in less than six months, you should obtain maintenance at 5,000 miles; don't wait until six months.
Be sure to keep an eye on your mileage so that you obtain maintenance when recommended. If you are a low mileage driver, mark your calendar to remind yourself to obtain maintenance every six months.
In addition to standard maintenance items, vehicles that are driven under special operating conditions require further maintenance service. These special operation conditions, which put added demands on the vehicle, include:
- Driving on dirt roads or on dusty roads
- Repeated trips of less than five miles in temperatures below 32°F or 0°C.
- Extensive idling and/or low-speed driving for long distances, such as police, taxi or door-to-door delivery use
If you drive primarily under any of the conditions noted above, you should replace the engine oil and oil filter every six months or 5,000 miles. Some of these special operating conditions require other maintenance items; these items are indicated in each maintenance chart.